Jo Collins – LEADER Programme Officer
You might know that the North York Moors, Coast and Hills LEADER* Programme (2008 – 2013) has now ended.
However, we are lucky enough to have secured a small amount of additional funding from Defra to help us develop a new LEADER Programme, which if successful, would take effect from 2015.
This is an exciting prospect with the potential to create and build on opportunities for our area and for local people to get involved from the beginning. The first stage of the process is to talk to local residents, businesses, organisations and communities to find out what needs and opportunities are present, and identify those that LEADER may be able to help with. The more information we have the better as this will assist us to gain a clearer understanding of our area and the support LEADER could provide.
There are going to be four initial consultation sessions where you can share your thoughts and ideas with us:
- Hovingham Village Hall, Tuesday 18 February from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Loftus Co-op Building, Thursday 20 February from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Burniston Village Hall, Tuesday 25 February from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Civic Centre, Northallerton, Tuesday 4 March from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm
If you think you might like to be a part of this exciting opportunity we would be delighted to see you at a session. Please contact Jo Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01439 772700 to book your place.
If you can’t make it to any of the planned events you can still be involved – we would greatly appreciate any comments or ideas you may have for the local area. Please have a look at our online survey.
* LEADER is a European initiative for assisting rural communities to improve the quality of life and economic prosperity in their local area.